Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To give you a picture, I have 15 NT domains (one per facility call them wom1, wom2, etc), each with a pdc. We are migrating over to server 2003 Wan- pdc being in facility1, 14 bdc's (domain is wom.local, or wom16 for pre2000). We need 2 way trusts setup between wom.local and wom1, wom2, etc. - and 2 way trusts between wom15 and wom1, wom2.
but that's all. There will be no trust between wom2 and wom3, for example.

ok...to the point. All of these trusts have been created and validated both ways, except wom3 trusting wom.local (wom16), and wom6 trusting wom.local. wom.local trusts them. When trying to establish the trusted in wom3 and wom6 to wom.local, it says the domain controller cannot be found (for wom16).
The bdc and the NT servers are on the same subnet, and all 15 2003 servers replicate to each other.

What have we done? Good Question.
I have checked the DNS forward and reverse, established WINs on the 2003 box, did dcpromo to a member server and again to go back to a DC.
On the NT box, I entered static WINS mappings to the 2003 pdc, to wom16, to wom.local, to the BDC, and entered the BDC in as a WINS server.
I checked the domain security policy to see if restrict anonymous was enabled.
You can ping the ip of the 2003 bdc from nt server, and also the servername.
and you can ping the nt name and ip from the 2003.

stiill the wom3 and wom6 domains won't trust wom.local (wom16)

Any ideas?

edit: the NT server is 4.0 with sp6, the 2003 is the standard with sp1.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well taking this one back aways....we did find a cure.

on the NT server that couldn't establish the trust, I had to go to the winnt\system32\drivers\etc\ and edit (or create if it wasn't there) the LMHOSTS file. I entered the ip, NTserver name, domain ans also the 2003 ip, servername, and pre-windows 2000 domain name.
restarted the server and created the trusts. Worked like a champ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.