Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,

I've narrowed my selection of laptops to the following models , given my tight budget. I hope you guys can give me opinions to help choose the best notebook that I can afford. PLease do not suggest any other than the 4 listed below . I'm not residing in the US , hence ... prices and models that u suggest may differ. The below 4 are off about the same price .... .

1) Compaq EVO160 , Pentium 3 1 ghz - M, 384mb ram , ATI radeon 8mb DDR graphics card , internal DVD drive , external IOmega predator 2 CD-RW , 2 USB ports , 14.1" TFT , WINDOWS 98SE

2) COmpaq Presario 1721T, Pentium 3 1.13ghz - M, 256mb ram , ATI radeon 8mb DDR , internal 24x CD rom , external IOmega predator 2 CD-RW , 2 USB ports , 14.1 TFT , Windows XP Professional upgrade pack

3) Dell Inspiron 4100 , Pentium 3 1ghz - M, 384mb ram , ATI radeon 16mb DDR , internal CD rom , external IOmega predator 2 CD-RW , 1 USB port , 14.1 SXGA TFT , Windows ME

4) Toshiba Satellite 3000-A311, Pentium 3 933mhz - M , 256mb ram , Nvidia Geforce 2 16mb DDR , internal 24x CD rom , ext IOmega predator 2 CD-RW , 3 USB ports , smart media card reader , 13.3" TFT , Windows XPP upgrade version .

My usage : Desktop replacement , Basic MS office usage , Gaming , Internet , Networking ( school server ) , photo-editing for digicam , as a personal MP3 player and CD player .

You would have noticed that the abv sets may not be similar to factory speccs , and thats because I've added components to the equation to level off the prices . All are off the same price . PLease help in the selection processs , with 4 superb sets up here , I wont know which way to go . Rite now ... my best bet would be the Toshiba Satellite ... for its reliability and performace parts . Its processor is slightly slower , but I would suppose that would be undiscernable , given its brilliant graphics card . But I wonder if 13.3" would get in the way .
PLease take into consideration the OS installed . Reliability is also an utmost priority .

Thank You ........ Marc

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.