Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to solve my problem for a few weeks now and no one seems to know what it is to help me. I have a site but first I tested the site to connect to my database it went okay it was a test straight from my dreamweaver to the database so the test was successful however when I tried to include a form for clients to use it comes up with can't connect to localhost (10061).
So i tried a test to see what the problem was and I go the following message.
timed out. This typically indicates that traffic to that port is being actively blocked by either a firewall or your ISP.
I called both my ISP and the hosting company and no one seems to know what it is. Can anyone give me an idea of what I have to do or is this the first time this has happened and one for the records. Any ideas would be the best day of my life.

· Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staf
1,109 Posts
Just to be sure I'm on the same page as you. You've uploaded your site to the host server and it isn't connecting to the database? Can you be a little more descriptive in what type of database it is? I mean is it a MYSQL, pear, PHP etc. These problems can be frustrating but are usually fairly easy to solve.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am testing it from dreamweaver I am using a mysql and php codes. Mysql is with my hosting company. All my codes are working and I did a simple test from dreamweaver directly to the database it went through okay tested fine. Then I did a test to input a small form with all the same information and it says can't connect to database. So I ran a test with DSN and it showed my IP address and the port and gave me this message. timed out. This typically indicates that traffic to that port is being actively blocked by either a firewall or your ISP. Port 80
I spoke with both my hosting company and ISP they each said it is not them. I know the connection is correct but it is timing out and I am not able to fix it.

· Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staf
1,109 Posts
I'd suggest contacting tech support of either your host or the maker of the program you are using. Glitches like this are usually best settled by someone with access to you databases or the knowlege of the program you are using.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I found out it was the hosting company the service I had was connected to many other IP addresses. what is needed is a private IP address and then set up to work with the program codes in the site. I had my computer cleaned to be sure and that was not the problem. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.