Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a(new) full install of XP Pro/SP2 on e-bay for less than what I paid for the upgrade version of Pro on sale two years ago.
My current installation is on a 15 GB hard drive, I want to do a clean full install onto a 40GB partitioned hard drive with 30GB for XP and 10 for win 98se. I also have a 120GB hard drive(Simple/Dynamic)that I use for mpeg storage.
Will my mpegs be safe, what I mean is will the new installation detect the drive?, or if I have to use the manage tool to detect the drive will it need to be reformated to be functional?:4-dontkno

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Your mpegs and anything else that may be on the 120GB hdd will be fine, during install, you should see all your partitions/drives and you select which to format etc...but if you're in any doubt, remove the drive before install so the only one setup will detect is the 40gb drive

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,everything worked out well.:winkgrin:
I did have to import the drive using the import function in drive magement as the drive was alien to XP, but once I did that it was as if I had never changed over to a new drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.