Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Word document I need to e-mail somebody. It is in a table, but I do not want borders or gridlines shown. I know how to remove them, and I did on my computer, but when I e-mail it to someone who has gridlines shown as their option, the gridlines show up. Is there any way I can make it so that the gridlines aren't shown on another version I e-mail out? This is a resume, so the way it looks is fairly important.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
You could consider using an image as the table, or perhaps saving the document as an html, even though it might be pretty ugly. The ideal here would be to make a PDF, but you'd need access to the appropriate Adobe software in order to do so.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
oldmn said:
Select the graphs you want to hide, If you want to hide all the lines just open the edit tab, select all then.
Open the format dropdown and go to borders and shading select none.
Your line should all disapear.
Sorry, I thought by I know how to remove them, and did so that's what they were referring to. Ignore my advice then :grin:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry, this is a little late. There is a way to eliminate the table altogether, and still keep the same format with little manipulation. Select the entire table, click Table>Convert>Table to text.

The result is usually just as if it were still using a table, yet text only. Most Word templates are in table format, so this comes in handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.