Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'S OK I dont need to know how to uninstall it - got a util from Norton that works.

i'm currently using Norton Systemworks 2005 AND Norton Personal Firewall. I having some trouble with Norton and am looking to replace it.

Just looking for some advice as to what is good.

I'm thinking for Antivirus - AVG. (heard its pretty good)

" " Firewall - Zonealarm (Used it before - dont know any other ones TBH).

The other query is I often run the included Norton Windoctor and it finds dead links shortcuts or whatever and checks the registry. Is this a good thing to have a utility for and is there a good free one (I'd be willing to pay for a good one otherwise of course).

Lee

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I actually use Norton SystemWorks 2003 just for the utilities. I do not install the AV portion.
I use F-Secure for AV and Firewall.

P

·
0 Posts
Hello Lee,

Yes AVG is good. I use AVG and norton firewall ( i dont like symantec products in general but their firewall is good ) So i would say keep your norton firewall ( better than free zone alarm firewall. )

Similar to norton windoctor there is a software from acelogix called ace utilities which is free for a month. It is doing a pretty decent job. I never used norton windoctor so i dont know how good/bad it is. Give ace a try http://www.acelogix.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.