Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my subscription to Nortons expired last week. Every time I 'try' to log into my msn messenger it wont let me. I keep getting something about a firewall? I am guess its because of Nortons. Any ideas?
The only way to get my msn messenger to work is to do a system restore. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
it could be nortons firewall that has blocked the connectivity to some programs, have you purchased a new subscription?

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
from me experiences with Nortons, you are going to have to uninstall it to solve this problem..since you don't like it, and are hopefully going to get a replacement app, this should be no problem..

I have found the every so often, Norton's firewall has a 'nervous breakdown' and starts doing stuff like this..and after much experementation, the only solution this person has found is to uninstall..sorry..

P

·
0 Posts
Agreed. Uninstall norton. Try add and remove programs to remove if it does not work for some reason use symentec removal tool to remove it. ( norton must not be older then 2003 to use symnrt.exe )

Let us know if you experience any problems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:sayyes: I uninstalled it and everythings fine! Now I am off to find a new anti-virus program. :rolleyes: Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
stealincars said:
:sayyes: I uninstalled it and everythings fine! Now I am off to find a new anti-virus program. :rolleyes: Any suggestions?
I use AVG when I use Windows. It's free, and I like it a lot. I've also heard good things about Avast, though I've never used it myself.

-Ch4r

·
Registered
935 Posts
Congrats on ridding your machine of Symantec.

For your new security system search the security forums on this site.
There's some great free stuff and a storehouse of info here. Everyone's got their favorites...

You need more than just an AV and the archives will show you the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.