Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an icon for a "Norton Protected Recycle Bin" on my desktop. About once I week I go in and delete all of the files that are protected in it. Recently I have noticed that I have a bunch of duplicate copies of "npqss.ini". The information provided in the recycle bin is that this file was originally located in C:\Windows\System32. The type of file is "Configuration Settings" and the file was deleted by "explorer". Each copy takes up 344KB.

It hasn't caused any problems yet, but it takes forever to clean out my recycle bin. Last time I cleaned it out, I had well over 1000 copies of this file. In the time it took me to write this 100 copies have collected in the recycle bin. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Sgt.
676 Posts
See, this is why I don't use Norton. It does stupid stuff like this. My advice? Dump Norton, and get yourself AVG, AVAST, or some other free AV that doesn't do all the stupid crap that Norton does.

This has been another "I hate Norton" moment. We now return you to your regularly schedualed tech support.
:grin:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sarge said:
See, this is why I don't use Norton. It does stupid stuff like this. My advice? Dump Norton, and get yourself AVG, AVAST, or some other free AV that doesn't do all the stupid crap that Norton does.

This has been another "I hate Norton" moment. We now return you to your regularly schedualed tech support.
:grin:
What this guy said... The endless amounts of problems I have had with Nortons programs lately is crazy. I use to be a Symantec reseller, not any longer. You will find better AV products than theirs... AVG comes to mind. Not to mention how resource hungry Norton programs are.

I think system works installs about 10 Windows Services plus all the junk that loads up and bootup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.