Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Basically the run down is im renting a basement suite from these people, and I'm on their network with about 4 computers connected to it. Recently, I've been getting alot of these, constantly, but they seem to not be at repetitive intervals, kinda eratic. We apparently are using a linksys router, atleast that I was told initally. This is really bothering me, I do not like my privacy being invaded, and if they are actually trying to access my computer through windows networking groups, or whatever the networking access section is for windows.(which I do not know much about, if anyone could fill me in on how to block on default networking access points that windows offers, that would be greatly appricated, I will look into myself, but if someone could tell me, it would save me sometime) Anyways.. it's stopped now, kind of weird to have 20 of those pop over of a period of Time all of a sudden and then stop. I would really like to know if these are automatic things that the router is doing or if someone is actually attempting to access my computer.

On a side note, I recently installed a game and the game indicated that 0.1.0.4 was my ip when I entered the game. I hope it isn't like my computer is sending a message to the router and it's responding and nortons blocking the responce. Don't figure that makes sense though so doubting it's that. So.. I'm down to it's either an automatic ping or something from the router, or someone is attempting to access my computer.

I realize it says I do not have to worry, but I want to know if there are any other possible access points, like windows standard shared folders and that. I don't if mine are open ? or disabled. I figure it's easy to check, I just am not too aware of how to.

Any information would be greatly appricated, as I am kinda at a loss, I figure norton will always block these, but there are always ways of getting around something, and I'd like to just know a few more things, because this is a waste of my Time to think about in all honesty. Would like to put it to rest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealt with, atleast with blocking access points and some questions. I still don't know what the origin of those messages are, but I suppose it's not that important, though if anyone has a clue, I'd love to hear it, but in the end this thread is finished. :smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.