Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this HD: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2268595

I have this motherboard:
Abit AV8 VIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / AGP 8X/4X / Audio / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID

I have a windows XP Pro cd with SP2 on it. What I don't know is how to install the raid drivers so I can install windows on my HD. I have the mobo disk with the sata drivers on it and installed them using F6 during setup but I still get an error when I try to install windows. I have read different posts and searched around but I can't seem to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Have a look on this page and try downloading the SATA driver, I take it you do not want to use a raid setup as from what I can tell you only have 1 X 320g drive ??? If this is the case install the SATA driver onto a floppy drive and then install this at the F6 prompt and see how you go

DOWNLOAD DRIVER HERE

I am not sure if it is the same as the driver on your CD but when I double checked the manual it was pretty sketchy on details and listed it as a sata raid driver, so try the driver ( VIA SATA Driver ) in the link above and see how you go

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I downloaded the driver and the filesize is 10.8mb. So i took the sub folder that said VIARAID. I tried to install that during the F6 process and it said I needed the txtsetup.oem file. After that I went back into the driver folder and looked in the other sub folders to find the file. The subfolder with named drvdisk had this file in it. So I copied this folder to the disk along with the VIARaid folder. I tried to install it again and I still get the same error missing txtsetup.oem. Do I need to take the file out of the drvdisk folder and put it in the viaraid folder?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got around the txtsetup.oem. I put the file in the viaraid folder. Now when I try to install the driver I get an error saying:
File \I386\NT5\viaraid.sys caused an unexpected error(18) at line 2113 in d:\nt\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

Is there another way to do this without using a floppy, or is there something else I need to put on this floppy besides the drivers you told me use.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I'll download the file and have a look at it,
The only way around using a floppy is to make a slipstream copy of the xp disk and install the driver that way so they are loaded with xp, i will give you a link to look at , the slipstreaming program is called N-lite

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Ok in the folder 430g, you will see a folder called "drvdisk" open that folder and copy the files over to a freshly formatted floppy. then give that a try

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I copied just the dvrdisk to the floppy and then went through the process and got the error of: Can't find the txtsetup.oem file. So I tried putting the txtsetup.oem into the main A:/ part. That worked and let me install the driver and then i got the error again:
File \i386\NT5\viaraid.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 2113 in d:\nt\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
ok , did you just copy the folder over ( dvrdisk) or did you open dvrdisk and copy the files in it over ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was the problem. I copied the folder itself instead of just the files inside. Thanx for your help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was the problem. I copied the folder itself instead of just the files inside. Thanx for your help.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Yes, I'd like to know too here as when loading SATA drivers, usually the driver packages come with a file marked TXTSETUP.OEM that has to be placed in the same folder as the specific .INF file (driver).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea windows loaded perfectly fine. My other HDs that I have hooked up work also with it. So everything is good now thanx alot for your help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.