Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all need your expertise in a matter when i install command and conquer 3 half way through the installing procedure and towards the end it comes up with this error message
error 1305 error reading from file D:\program files\Electronic Arts\Movies\1.0\Movies.Big. Verifiy that it exists and that you can access it

please help i have looked on the cd and the files are there and i can access them i have had this game installed before dont now whats wrong
help
thx ash

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check if your cd has any scratches, you could probably find somewhere to download the one file, or use a torrent, it is illegal, but just download the cd files or the installation, and use the cd after that...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope my cd has now scratches on it and if i try and download it will take a very long time that was the whole point in me buying the game so wouldnt have to do that you now what i mean

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh, nvm it's a installation error, you could go back to the store and get a refund and get another cd :S

or, you could go into your folder and then delete ALL EA games files, because you could've had it before and then corrupted it, and it wont respond

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
year im trying a diffrent tack deleted everything to do with ea and im going to install it into a difftrent location if that dosent work i will delete everyting to do with EA and chuck it in the bin lol

·
Resident Pirate
17,982 Posts
This may not work, depending on the security features to the disk, but trying copying the contents off the disk to a folder and running the installation from there.

The problem is caused (mostly) due to a corrupt disk which may be the case here as well, even if you can not see the physical signs of damage. If this is the case then I'm afraid the only option for you is to replace the disk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.