Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new here. I have just started having a problem with my spyware and virus programs not updating anymore this past week. Up until then I have never had any trouble. Now they are all saying that they can't connect to the server. What's happened??

I am running Windows XP and use Internet Explorer. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 6400 Intel Core Duo 2 GHz processor with 512MB RAM and 80Gb hard drive. I am using a Wireless ADSL Broadband Router D Link DSL G604T.

I am using Ad Aware, Ewido free version, Spybot Search and Destroy and AVG free. All of these programs used to update and now they won't. I have not changed any settings in my security or firewall (Windows) or internet options.

What has happened?? :4-dontkno Please can someone help me as there is no point in running these programs if they are not up to date.

Thanks in advance,
Donna

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the exact same problem, including when I run my anti virus my pc freezes.

I will also appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!

·
Global Moderator
51,315 Posts
You guys need to start your own individual threads!

Please follow the instructions here: Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help.

The security forum is always busy, so please be patient and you will receive a reply as soon as possible. If you go to Thread Tools > Subscribe at the top of your new thread you will receive an email as soon as a reply is posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I am new here. I have just started having a problem with my spyware and virus programs not updating anymore this past week. Up until then I have never had any trouble. Now they are all saying that they can't connect to the server. What's happened??

I am running Windows XP and use Internet Explorer. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 6400 Intel Core Duo 2 GHz processor with 512MB RAM and 80Gb hard drive. I am using a Wireless ADSL Broadband Router D Link DSL G604T.

I am using Ad Aware, Ewido free version, Spybot Search and Destroy and AVG free. All of these programs used to update and now they won't. I have not changed any settings in my security or firewall (Windows) or internet options.

What has happened?? :4-dontkno Please can someone help me as there is no point in running these programs if they are not up to date.

Thanks in advance,
Donna
If you're running any firewall software have you attempted to disable it then try updates of your anti-viruses/anti-spyware and or malware systems?(I'm not saying this is a solution... rather trying to figure out what the problem is related to or caused by so I can help you further.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.