Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now, my computer will NOT open any of my browsers except for Microsoft Edge. And for some reason, I cannot access important websites for my University because of some parental restrictions on my Microsoft account, despite me being a grown *** woman, that I was unaware of. I heard it was a problem with Skype, so I uninstalled Skype but that changed nothing. Idk what's wrong, I haven't installed anything out of the ordinary. I urgently need to access a website Microsoft is barring me from in order to do vaccination confirmation for my University or I could get in a hell of a lot of trouble.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,616 Posts
Is this computer issued by your University, or do you login to your University for Internet access? If so, these would be limitations placed by your University.
If not, Press the Windows key +R in the Run Box type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Go to the Connections tab. Press the LAN Settings button Here uncheck all boxes. Apply and OK.
We cannot assist you in removing Parental Controls because of Forum Rules.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,616 Posts
The University will choose specific Browsers to use, and lock those browsers .They may block internet traffic as well. so you can't download software that isn't relevant to studies at the University.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.