Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am having problems starting my pc. I had a screen flash up saying i was infected with hundreds of trojens and worms eventualy i cleared this screen and the pc ran ok till i cam to open it the next day. I could only get to a screen saying pc shut in error and start in normal mode and last best mode, you know the one. Trying all the different ones get the same responce as soon as the windows logo comes on the screen the pc shuts down (im running xp pro) i cant re install the operating system as it closes after system check and its the same on 3 other hard drives. Can the motherboard be infected.
Any help would be helpfull

I am running an
asus m3n78-vm am2
amd am2 6000+duel core
2 gig ddr2 667mhz
400w psu

Thanks in advance

Rob.

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
more likely the correct one for keeping the price down

not for running the computer reliably

the quickest fix will probably be to clear the drive with killdisk

then format and reinstall everything

http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

as soon as you have the op.sys. installed and have run your m/b setup disk install your a/virus and spybot search and destroy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not able to download killdisk. I have formated the hard drive in an external holder and put the os on and it work ok on my old pc but it will not allow me to set it up on the new machine, as soon as it gets to starting to set up windows after the initial disc check it blue screens saying its closed due to a hardwear problem. I am starting to think the m/board is damaged after the virus got in. Any idears ?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have formated the hard drive in an external holder and put the os on and it work ok on my old pc but it will not allow me to set it up on the new machine,
You have to install the os after the drive has been reformatted and reinstalled on the new machine. Different motherboards use different chipset drivers. Try inserting xp cd and booting from it. Select repair option and see if it will run through the repair process. No reason to suspect motherboard failure at this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your message but i only tryed the hard drive in the other pc to make sure it was working . I cant try the repair option as the pc shuts me out before that option is shown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.