Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes my tray will act as if certain programs running in the tray have disappeared and will not display them. In the following pic I actually have kazaalite winmx and speedup running, but they are not shown. If I really want, I can just restart them, but it gets tedious. Anybody know if there is a way to reset the entire tray (kinda like restarting explorer resets the taskbar and all browsers (not ie))?

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
On my PC XP loads automatically AntiVir Guard at startup,
and it is displayed on the taskbar (=active).
In the taskbar setting I put the option "always show" because the icon of that particular software is an open umbrella when it's active or a closed umbrella when it's desactivated.

After a few hours the icon suddenly dissapears, and when I check the settings of the taskbar I see that "always show" has changed to "hide when inactive" ???

Strange however because the program is still active (open umbrella)

program source http://www.hbedv.com

anyone ??

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Slam, you have attempted to hijack this thread, and i am not allowed to answer it.

please post a new original thread of your own to ask for help please.

it confuses things and makes it more complicated then it has to be.

~BoB~

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bob,
this is no hi-jack, BTW did you understand my message or what it that difficult ?
gr

·
Registered
165 Posts
my problem may be related to the problem that started this tread, see my last post.

I solved my problem by LOCKING the TASKBAR, in some way XP checks if a progam is still running, and this doesn't work well with some programs such as the one I mentioned.

My question to Frankfurter is : did your programs not showing on the taskbar still run ? check this with ctrl-alt-del because if they still are running but only hidden, I think you have the solution right here !

If not let us know.

gr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.