Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my X6 -which is a year and half old- doesn't stay connected to a wireless network, I remember it working back when I first got it, but now when I need it it won't stay connected.
When I turn my home router on, it picks up the network when I ask to connect it asks for a pre-share key I think -which I don't know what it is- so I write anything and it accepts it regardless, when it connects the network splits into 2, one linksys the other linksys(1) when I try to connect to the first one it says that the pre-share key isn't correct, when I try to connect to the second it connects, however when I brows using the default browser it asks me to connect, when I brows using the Opera-mini browser it doesn't ask to connect, it acts like there is a connection but doesn't load pages just keeps a blank page and the symbol that indicates that the a page is getting loaded.
Also, I have an app called HandyWii that picks up WLANs, when I try connecting using it, it says that the "WLAN access point is out of reach".
So please help me solve my problem, and if u know tell me where I can recover the pre-shared key from.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a wired connection between my router and the PC, not a wireless one.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I suspect your wireless is secured with a wpa key, I will suggest you to contact your ISP or Router page to check for the security settings.

Some router have a sticker with default pre shared key you can try to find it in your router.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.