Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just re-formatted my computer, and I do not have any type of volume control, resulting in my having no sounds. I would prefer to have the Windows version of Volume Control before any other add on. Please help me out, this has happened before, but I waited a couple of days and got the volume control from one of the service packs, it has been over a week since I've re-formatted and no service pack updates have come... thank you

Greg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello, thank you for that site, however... when I type in d: in the cmd prompt it says, "The Device is not Ready"

Now what :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello... i did the steps and restarted my computer... however i still don't have volume control... when i go to start>all programs>accesories>entertainment>volume control it gives me a message... ill post a screen shot of the message....

ive tried to do what it tells me to on the error screen... however it does nothing

Attachments

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I had this happen to me many times. Go to the Control Panel>System Icon, Click no Hardware Tab, and then Device Manager.

I'm betting you see some entries in there that have either yellow or red marks next to them. Those are pieces of hardware on your computer that Windows can't find drivers for. Double Click on one of those entries. If you see that it says there is no driver available, and gives you an option to install a driver, insert your motherboard driver cd, and click install driver or whatever. Have it search the cd for the driver. If it does not give you the option to install a driver, go to the driver tab and click on "update driver" and when it asks you where to update from, choose your motherboard drivers cd or the location on the driver file.

Repeat this for all the yellow or red entries. You should eventually get your sound back once you do this to the one that controls your sound. If you db not have a motherboard driver cd, you may have to go online and dl the drivers for your mobo or sound card.

Hope it helps
BMR777

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.