Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K8V SE Deluxe MB w/3200+ that on bootup shows no video but audio can be heard through headphones "System Fail Due To CPU Overclocking".

I haven't overclocked-My CPU is hooked down tight-I bought good quality memory-PS is 450 max-I have taken out the MB battery for a day and reinstalled it----

Am I just going to have to buy another MB or is there hope for this one? If not, what is a real good quality MB as a replacement?

By the time I get this system working it will be out of date. Rats!

Thanks for the computer help in advance.

Terry

P.S. Is there any place I can send the MB for testing?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Please post your complete specs including Bios version, Ram, Powersupply etc.

First thing to try is to remove all but 1 ram stick and try to boot the machine.

Post back with your specs and results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow

You know, I have done about everything I could think of doing or everything I read about to get this computer up and running and nothing worked. When I followed your advise and took all the memory out I got an audio "memory fail" message. Then when I put one stick in I finally saw video. WOW am I happy! Thank you so much for that advise.

I'm slowly getting this computer up and running (even before it becomes obsolute) with a CD of drivers etc. I really hope everything works correctly when I finish.

If I run into some other problems can I get your input?

B I G T H A N K S ! ! !

TERRY

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No USB 2.0 support

Hi there again,

My system is running but when I plug a USB 2.0 device in a baloon will pop up saying that it would run faster with a USB 2.0 host controller installed.

I did install USB 2.0 from the CD that came with my MB. It looked like it installed correctly but still there's no support. Here are my computer's specifications:

Mother Board - K8V SE Deluxe
AMD Athlon 3400+ Socket 754
Power Supply - OKIA LC-B450E
Memory - 2 sticks DDR 512 MB 3200 400MHz
Graphics Card - G-Force FX 5500 AGP 8X 128 MB (dual display)
OS - Windows XP Home (upgraded to Service Pack 2)
A fancy case with 2 case fans.
BIOS 1.00.0.37
Chipset VIA K8T800, VIA VT8237
HD - Seagate Baracuda 7200.7 160 GB

The CD that came with the MB doesn't have autorun so I have had to go into various folders to try and install all the drivers. Should I go on the web and look for the latest update? If so, where?

What do you think I can do to get USB 2.0 support?

Thanks,

Terry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are such an inspiration. You fixed my problem without even telling me.

I went into the device manager and found the USB Serial Bus Controllers with a question mark. I opened it and told it to load driver while the CD with the drivers was in the computer. I found them and fixed my problem.

Now I have to do a GHOST backup of my system while everything is working so I can preserve it

Thanks for the telepathic help.

Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.