Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this thread is redundant, and I'm a first time poster, long time computer user, mediocre computer troubleshooter (IT grad 5 years out of practice)

So here's the story, I'm a member of the USAF at Sheppard AFB, I went home for Thanksgiving to get my PC and it worked fine before I went to basic.

I get it to Tech school, and hook it up, and I get no video signal...the specs, though not very specific b/c it's been a while since I've posted them are ASUS K8N Neo2 Platinum MB, Athlon 64 bit processor, can't quite remember which, Geforce 6600GT, and 2 512 sticks of corsair ram (again, can't quite be specific on the top, as I'm on a laptop somewhere else.)

I've replaced the video card since the test and same result, I boot the computer up and the monitor gets no signal, and I have no mb speaker so I get no beeps regardless.

I've unplugged and replugged everything, and reseated my RAM and video cards, I know it's not the monitor b/c it works fine hooked up to this laptop.

My case took a nasty ding to the side on the way here though, should I check to see if it's shorting to the case, and/or just replace the mobo/processor. I've got new ram to replace and needed an excuse to get a new mb/processor anyway...which should cover anything else that could be wrong.

Some advice?

T

·
0 Posts
Hi Aza :wave:

Check your voltages with a multimeter and make sure everything is receiving correct voltages. Next check that all the pins on the male connector from the monitor has 15 pins in rows of 5.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Check a jumper all jumpers to make sure none became dislodged especially the clear cmos jumper this must be present and in the normal position, check your motheboard manual for its location, if you don't hav it you can download one from asus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.