Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've got an Abit NF7 running Windows XP and can't seem to set my USB ports as 2.0. I'm running service park 2 (not updated to 3 yet) and have checked my BIOS setting that is set to V1.1+V2.0.

Any help, thoughts, guidance etc. very gratefully received.

Thanks

:smile:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hi, if your motherboard USB ports are USB2.0, then they are backwards compatible with USB1.1.
But to operate at USB2.0 speeds, the peripheral that is plugged into the USB port must also be USB2.0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Hounddog - the issue is that I know that the peripherals I'm using are USB 2.0 - their specs state that and when I plug them in for the first time, I get an alert saying that they can perform faster if I plug them into a USB 2.0 port. When looking in harware profiles, none of my ports are labled as high speed. So, issue is that my mboard claims them to be USB 2 compatible, I'm running a very recent service pack of XP and yet they are still perfoming as USB 1.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Something I have done in the past is to go into the device manager and expand the USB controllers section, first look for the Standard Enhanced USB to PCI Host Controller, then uninstall each item in this section one at a time. After all have been uninstalled, reboot the computer and let Windows find them again. When testing, plug your device straight into one of the USB ports on the back of the motherboard. I have seen the front USB connectors of some older cases not come USB 2.0 compliant. Mike

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hi, I'm just looking at the manual, and it lists a BIOS setting of....
USB 2.0 Device Compatible, with the default being Disabled.
It's under Integrated Peripherals Set-Up>On-Chip PCI Device>USB Controllers.

Can you see this Option? If you can, then it should obviously be Enabled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.