Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had same virus and it does a lot of damage behind the scenes not just removing the start menu, fraid its a reinstall of windows but that is very hassle free as windows is already setup so you dont have to go through drivers installing and poduct activation

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes just boot of the cd *dont* choose repair anywhere, do a fresh installation just dont format the drive at the prompt, its usually a good idea to disable the passwords on you logon account and backup the documents and settings to a different folder on same hd before reinstalling because if something goes wrong during installation and they are passwod protected u wont be able to access them cos they ae encrypted. then just re password protect them when finished. you do this in the uses applet in control panel. and then you are home sweet home

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have pro aswell, i have kinda fogotten how the install runs but will be doing it again tommorrow so ill reply again then. as far as i remember there are two places where u get asked this the first is just for the command prompt repair which isnt much use to u here. and the second is later and what it does is delete all the vital windows files and copies ove fresh copies. but with this virus if u do this u still are infected it works for some viruses and corrupted files though. arrrgh ill reply again soon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.