Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve tried to solve this problem on via arena forums, but need any kind of help now since I´m without sound for more than a year...and placing all my mp3s to mp3 player to listen to them isn´t very sophisticated.
Before upgrading to XP from 98 I had no problem in 98 and I still don´t have so far (98 is my secondary OS, kinda usefull when XP crashes). I think the problem is yellow exclamation by Multimedia audio controller. Here is info:

CPU: Intel Pentium III Celeron 1000 mHz
Motherboard model: Advance- 10T
GeForce 2 MX/MX 400
Chipset model: VIA VT82C694X Appolo Pro133 chipset
Windows Xp Professional, Service pack 1
RAM: 192 mb

Help would be really appreciated :sigh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I have sound drivers...maybe I could uninstall Multimedia audio controller, but will I be able to install it back then?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have latest drivers from via, that shouldn´t be the problem. The yellow alert is only by multimedia audio controller(code 28).Unfortunately I can´t update it. How can I know if it´s installed correctly? :) It looks like it isn´t...Reinstall? How?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what that code means, but I have those drivers already :) Maybe I have translated it in a bad way..Multimedia audio controller (I would translate it more like Multimedia audio adapter regarding my language version) is the second one from the top in device manager. It´s a part of "The other set-up" (or whatever you have right under the ADSL Deskporte)...It really looks like I need to reinstall it, but dunno how...

·
Registered
23,001 Posts
Did you use to have sound in XP? If so, try "update driver" or "roll back driver" in device manager (click the device and choose driver). If not run the driver file in XP and follow the instructions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have no idea what is m/b setup, you know :) But I have just done Driver Agent scan and it showed me my Multimedia audio controller needs update, but I can´t download it since I´m not a member, eh...so close :/
Ok, so m/b setup is...? I tried to recognize my sound chip in both SIW and Fresh Device but I have no idea where is it located...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I´ve had vinyl before already. And the first one(VIA_4in1_443v.zip) didn´t help anyway...there is still yellow exclamation. Btw. I hope I should have disabled the onboard legacy audio in BIOS (doesn´t depend though, cos I tried to both enable and disable it).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK...I have it before rebooting after this installation, but I changed it immediately in BIOS, now I can try it turning back to enabled...but it won´t help. I´m lost. Kinda frustrating :(

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
have you got pnp enabled as well in the bios
once you have enabled the sound in the bios run the driver
and then check the device manager,if it is still no good uninstall in the device manager then scan for hardware changes and see if it works after windows reinstalls it
you may end up having to install a soundcard,there may be a problem with the chip

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, onboard enabled, I have just ran that VIA_4in1_443v.zip again. Now going to reboot and have a look after that pnp. Then I will see.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.