Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, another one of my problems was never resolved... http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=51573

I am still having the problem of having no sound at all when i start my Windows XP SP2. Although after everything is loaded i can hear sound and listen to mp3's but its just quite aggrivating when i turn my computer on and am not welcomed by the Windows XP startup sound... Please help me bcuz this time i want this issue resolved... :sayyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can you tell us what has been tried?
Are you certain Windows Start is checked in Control Panel , Sound and Audio, Sounds....did it ever work before?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i have tried many things. i have tried reloacting the windows startup .wav files and then redoing the sounds management. Umm, ive just basically messed around with the sound management but still have no luck... And yes, it was working before.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Click Start> Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance (if you have category view) > Aministrative tools >Services > Windows Audio > Startup type should be automatic > Service status should be started. Restart your computer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
not spamming

Sorry !

I am just trying to get acquainted with the program.
I hope you can understand, and try not to get mad. its bad for your BP.
You seem to be extremely UP TIGHT.
By. :sleep: :4-dontkno

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Before running any programs after you first boot, check the Volume Control to see if anything is muted.
Can you hear the startup sound if you play it in a media player?
Try using a different file as your startup sound.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well yes, koala. I do here the trillian start-up music when i put trillian on auto-start... So, i will now try another musicfile... BRB

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry, never got back when i shutdown, but no, that didnt work either.... please PM me, much quicker and faster to get solved....

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Hi Jay, better keep it on the open forum where more people can see the questions and make suggestions. (and it's 3am here so I need to get some sleep) :wink:

·
15,478 Posts
Maybe there is something corrupt, Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope, that didnt work either... And i think i no wat to do... its not just this one tiny problem that has led me to such drastic situations but im going to go ahead and restore WinXP because im getting ALOT of problems and i dont really have many important files so it wont effect me... much... so this should solve the issue and many others that i have. -razz:

·
15,478 Posts
A repair install may help, you will not lose no programs or settings. Then if that does not solve your issue then a reformat would be in order.
Some issues just cant be resolved easily

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.