Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a completely new hard drive because other one was stuck in between Windows XP and couldn't get it out. Now I'm just wondering how to get my audio back. I took the advice from the previous thread but it didn't work. But now i have more information which will make this easier.

I opened up my tower box and took some notes.

My motherboard is Gigabyte Ga-8VM800M-775

I'm pretty sure i have realtek as it has the the scorpian. I wrote down what it had on the chips.
--------------
Realtek
RMC Rt18100c
533 Taiwan
--------------
ALC665
44184Q1
418D
--------------
RTM862-520
58469Q15353
--------------
Here is the link to my mother board from my manufacturer's website;
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=1931&ProductName=GA-8VM800M-775

And yes, i have went onto drivers and downloaded the Realtek Ac'97 audio driver off the driver section (5 times) but it didn't work. I went into 'Sounds and Audio devices' after i installed it, always said 'No Audio device detected', Alougth when i go into Add or Remove hardware it has 'AC'97 audio' but it doesn't show up on the 'Sounds and Audio devices'. I'm still without sound, I'm running Windows XP Home Service pack 3.

Thanks,
Daniel.R

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

I had this problem when I did mine the other day , ended up going online to the mother-board website and downloading the audio drivers. Worked fine as soon as I ran it

Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.