Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right here goes,

i have an onboard soundcard, i have installed the necessary drivers off the motherboard disc, it is enabled in bios, nothing is muted, there are no problems in device mannager.

any ideas any1

thanks

scott

·
Registered
722 Posts
Look in sounds & audio devices [via start/control panel] and on the audio tab, make sure yours is the default playback device.

·
Registered
10 Posts
uripyores said:
Look in sounds & audio devices [via start/control panel] and on the audio tab, make sure yours is the default playback device.
hi

I have the same problem i disconnected my sound wire the green one after that when i wired in there was no sound i format my HD and installed a new windows to see if it could work but it didnt. I can install all the drivers and they are all working but no sound plz help. BTW when i do Jack Sensing it doesnt detects any hardware damn my driver is

Realtek AC'97

Plz help me fast coz i edit movies and it really sux when there is no sound + i play games alot dude thnx for anyhelp..

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
keepthepeace, did you enable onboard AC97 in BIOS?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Useful said:
your problem is that its an ac97 , probably realtek, thats your problem....
Not livin up to ya name with that reply. :grin:

keepthepeace:
Have you checked in device manager for any yellow marks?

As there's been no reply we have to assume scottydont2841 no longer has a problem? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
22 Posts
Useful said:
your problem is that its an ac97 , probably realtek, thats your problem....
what i meant was that the problem is the fact that its a realtek, its been months now that im tring to solve a problem with my card and still nothing even the realtek tech support stopped answering my e-mails....

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
I couldn't go for months without sound. I'd buy a cheap PCI soundcard for $10, disable onboard and download the latest drivers. Problem solved :wink:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reinstalled the motherboard devices, been through everything in xp trouybleshooter, enabled plug and play in BIOS and still nothing, but i have noticed that when something is playing my speakers HISS.

any ideas :4-dontkno

thanks

scott

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
reinstalled the motherboard devices, been through everything in xp trouybleshooter, enabled plug and play in BIOS and still nothing, but i have noticed that when something is playing my speakers HISS.

any ideas :4-dontkno

thanks

scott

p.s. i meant drivers not devices lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
If the sound ever was working you could try a system restore back to then. If you haven't tried you could also reinstall the sound drivers.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi

havent been on for a while as comp went dwn....another story

anyway had no luck with the sound so ive bought a cheap pci card and will be installing that, its just easier that tryin to even establish some form of help from realtek

thanks

scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have exactly the same probem. nothing is muted, the onboard audio is enabled in the bios, i have realtek ac97 drivers installed from my motherbaods website, the chipset drivers are installed, there is no yellow marks in the device manager and the audio realtk ac97 is in the sound part in the control pannel, the speakers work on my walkman, and they used to work on the pc, all i done was take the line in cable to move the pc, then when i pluged it back in theres no sound. the speakers do fuzz when the line in cable touches metle if this matters. also files play in media player but no sound comes out. please help i have a ABIT ic7 mobo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.