Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recall today I installed a program which wanted me to install it's own driver/sound software (which I uninstalled) every since then I have gotten no audio, even after reinstalling my system's sound driver, which is this-

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

for Windows 7 64 bit.

In device manager under sound,video and game controllers, I have the following entries.

-Anvsoft Virtual Sound Device
-Logitech USB headset
-NVIDIA High Definition Audio
-Realtek High Definition Audio
-USB 2.0 Audio Capture
-USB 2.0 Video Capture

I wonder if one of these is the driver that program installed and is interfering with my main sound driver. I don't see any exclamation points. I use the headset to listen to audio. If I play an MP3 in VLC media player, it will play and in my sys tray in the right-bottom of my screen under my sound volume control button it will react as if audio is playing- with the audio volume meter going up and down.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
6,724 Posts
By far the simplest fix is to use Windows System Restore to roll Windows back to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Hardwa
19,823 Posts
Have you verified the audio configuration? Verify the default audio output device is set to the correct output.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.