Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i am really really stuck, i have just reinstalled XP to my PC and now i do not have any sound, even when i go into the sound settings they are greyed out and it states there are no sound drivers... i am really stuck and do not know what to do???

i also realised that it wasnt picking up my graphics card but i managed to find a driver for this and reinstall it..

i have looked through the system and it states that on my motherboard the audio is NVIDIA MCP51 - high def audio controller
video chipset Nvidia geforce 7300GS (G72)
motherboard chip set Nvidia geforce 6100 (C51)

dont know if that makes much difference in trying to solve this problem, but i know i have had enough and am close to putting a hammer through my computer

any help would be greatly appreicated

thanks
rick:upset:

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,258 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

We can get you going but need more information . . Is this a Branded pc or custom made?

If Custom, what brand and model is the motherboard?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the computer was bought from a company on the web MESH computers, so its not branded like DELL, or sony
herm i believe the computer i bought was made by them to say its custom i wouldnt know because anyone could have bought the spec

here are the details of the motherboard

Model : ASUSTEK computer Inc. A8N-VM
motherboard chip set : Nvidia Geforce 6100 (C51) + MCP51
Southbridge : Nvidia nforce 410/430 mcp
Winbond W83627EHF

hope this helps

cheers
rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to the forum

We can get you going but need more information . . Is this a Branded pc or custom made?

If Custom, what brand and model is the motherboard?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your motherboard is an ASUS A8N-VM. You need to download the sound drivers for this motherboard UNLESS you have a seperate stand-alone sound card installed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You should have recieved some disks with the computer, such as a XP disk and a motherboard disk. All the drivers on the motherboard disk will need to be installed after a fresh XP install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i only got a boot disk (XP) which doesnt seem to have the sound drivers
will try the web site of the motherboard maker

cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i found it
many thanks to all that helped

i managed to get the audio driver off the web site and installed it onto the system
happy days

thanks again
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.