Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I'm having a problem with my sound. I have no sound card, I just have the Dell Speakers that came with the computer. I just reformatted my computer, received the necessary drivers that I needed. I believe I got them all. When I go to my sounds and devices it says that I have no sound device, even though my speakers are plugged in (I know they work) All my options are all shaded in, like advance, speaker volume, and all the other options. When I go to my device Manager my Multimedia audio controller has a giant yellow question mark next to it. I tried reinstalling it but it didn't do anything. My computer is a Dell celeron, and my XP with it, not sure what else I can tell you guy's, i'm not really a computer person, just trying to fix my only computer by myself. Any tips on what else I should be posting would be very helpful. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talk about fast help!!, I downloaded my audio driver, it totally worked!!, so easy too, by the way should I download all of those drivers that are listed for my Dell computer too? Thanks you two.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi,

I would advise that you create a new folder on your hard drive.

Download all the files available for whatever model Dell you have to this folder.

Then burn this data to CDR and keep it safe with the CD's Dell supplied with your PC.

hth

Ceri

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.