Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was given to me this way = would like to fix and turn it into a linux box. Power on - lights. a couple of times I've heard the fan and HD other than the battery being bad there is no display. I am thinking power board? the power supply is good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI 95five-0, yes, tried pluggin a monitor, no such luck, hearing the fan come on a couple of times (different power up sequences) led me to think maybe something to do with the power board.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, nothing. Power button is on, no sound (Beeps), just shows power is on and low battery (battery is bad) even with or w/o battery inserted. Heard the fan once or twice, thought I heard the HD once?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If you feel comfortable doing so, try opening the case and seeing if there are any loose connections. But be warned taking a part a laptop is not easy and make sure not to force anything and be mind full of the cable attaching the screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I have twice opened the case, not detected anything visibly wrong such as loose cables, etc. , only opened to first level, not gone deeper than that, as soon as I can get the time (getting ready for a bunch of ski guests) I will dissasemble this boat anchor and give it a good going over, that is as much as I have the ability to do so. Thanks 95five-0 for hanging in there with me. I will be back as time permits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.