Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my Compaq Presario V2570NR on overnight. When I woke up, it was off. I tried turning it back on... nothing. It didn't make a sound, the LED that shows it's connected to the adapter was off... nothing. I stripped it down to see if it was a problem with one of the components -- I took the hard drive out, the wireless card, disconnected the fan/heatsink, the speakers, and tried taking out/swapping ram sticks in every possible combo... nothing. Now... the LED on the charger IS on which tells me it is probably still working, so I'm thinking its either the motherboard or the power supply/connector. The connector doesn't seem loose to me, however.

My question is: how can I check where the problem really is? Can I test the motherboard for failure in any way (possibly using a voltage meter or something)? Bringing it into is NOT an option, btw.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, like I said, I suspected the motherboard might be the problem. What I would like to know is, how can I find out for sure? How do I test the motherboard for a short circuit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.