Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i have been trying to fix my computer for a while now. it all of the sudden stopped giving an output to my monitor. i have tried everything. the monitor works great (checked on other comp and tried diff monitor) but still i get no signal. so then i decided to buy a whole new mobo and cpu (cuz i wanted to upgrade anyways). i still have the same problem. things ive tried: i have seated and reseated everything multiple times. it is a new mobo w/ built in graphics (the old one had built in too), and the mobo works great, so its not in the built-in graphics. i tried running the comp w/ nothing extra attached. ive cleared the CMOS several times. ive run the computer w/ the mobo not in the case (checking for a false contact. ive disconnected the led powers in the panel hookup, so that only the power switch is connected (as opposed to connecting the HD LED and SLP also). everything starts fine, all the fans run, i get the correct beep during POST and the drives run. just no output to the monitor. ive run out of things to try. any help would be appreciated.

heres my system specs:
mobo: PC Chips P23G ver. 3.0
cpu: 3.4 GHz, 800 Mhz FSB, 2x 2MB L2 Cache, intel pentium D processor 945, dual-core, LGA 775
HD: 80 GB
RAM: 2x 256MB DDR
OS: Windows XP pro (possibly XP home...i cant remember)

the computer was originally an eMachine T2824 with all factory parts. the mobo, cpu and HD have all been replaced w/ the parts mentioned above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.