Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a problem with my 01 dodge ram 1500 5.9 4×4 I have 0 oil pressure on gauge I replaced the oil pressure sensor and oil pump and pick up tube and still doing the same,gave power to the gauge and it works so I'm stuck I have no idea what to do no engine noise either oil pan was clean

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
30,433 Posts
Must be a problem with the gauge itself. Try replacing.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,353 Posts
Step one on ANY DODGE, hook up a direct pressure tube and Gage, make sure you have the specified oil pressure, then hook up the electric garbage again, if theres none and you have replaced the sending unit replace the gauge, or do like I did, leave the direct pressure line and gauge hooked up and mount it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I did the pressure gauge and no pressure still so I'm assuming I'm going to do a engine swap now 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
30,433 Posts
If you've been running without pressure you'd hear a very loud rod knock. Are you sure you need a new engine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I'm starting it to check the pressure with the gauge kit I'm hearing something from it but when I dropped the oil pan I didn't find anything

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,353 Posts
when you pull the pan even though you don't see anything that DOES NOT mean theres nothing wrong, if its been driver without oil pressure there is engine damage somewhere HOWEVER if the rids and intact and theres no damage to the block or heads, a rebuild might be cheaper than a new engine
I'm betting the oil pump is the culprit, but before I put money on it I have to ask, did any oil travel in the clear tube toward the Gage at all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts