Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago I unplugged my usb keyboard on my dell dimension e310. When I went to plug it back in a few days later it would not work and the mouse stopped working. After trying several different things I read online I decided to do a repair install of XP. The mouse and keyboard are both usb. I am able to use both at boot including keyboard at bios and mouse during the repair install until it gets to 34 minutes "Installing Devices". For what ever reason between 34 and 33 minutes the mouse and keyboard quit working and then the regional and language settings pop up. I am stuck on this screen because I cannot select anything. Please help. Even when I turn it off and back on it keeps bringing me back to setup. The computer does not have any ps2 slots either.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
Boot into Setup (Bios) and make sure USB Legacy, or USB keyboard is Enabled. If you have PS/2 ports try using a PS/2 keyboard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no ps2 ports and no legacy option in bios. The only usb option is USB controller off on and no boot where no boot means "The USB controller is enable; however, the BIOS will not recognize USB storage devices

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.