Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my nvidia geforce fx 6200 arrived today, i installed the hardware but on powerup the monitor stayed blank and the keyboard and mouse didn't power up, any suggestions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well the PC should still post and allow him to go to the bios regardless of the settings, if theres no power to the keyboard/mouse and theres no display, sounds like you may have a RAM stick inserted the wrong way around, I had that problem once..

Did you remove any of your RAM sticks for some reason when you installed your new graphics card? If not just make sure their in properly anyway.

I'm no expert just had that exact problem before and that was why :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the pc functions just fine with old graphics card, it seems the new card was DOA, now trying to get a response from the seller on a refund or exchange and i also went back to my ebay and looked at the item description and requirements and i meet or exceed all requirements and the card recieved wasn't the same as item pictured and the driver disk and installation maual were cheap reproductions and manual was in broken english.
if you buy from ebay never buy from just2bidder 17 emails sent and no contact numbers and had to go to feedback for thier tech support info and then there were 4 different support email addys so i bcc'd to all of them and am currently spamming the yahoo messenger name given on thier website, if no response to any of this i guess it's a paypal claim and seeing about fraud charges.

sorry bigfella for some reason the forums kept logging me out last night every time i switched pages, i even tried to pm you the specs but to no avail, i'm currently on my other pc and will try to pull the specs and post anyway later

·
Banned
3,394 Posts
do you get any beep codes when you boot? Can you tell if it is posting, can you get into the bios? Are you sure you installed it correctly, ie, is it seated properly. I have a similar card, mine doesn't have any requirement for additional power, maybe yours does? Ususally these things are simple, maybe DOA, but can you try on another machine to make sure?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
just returned home, no it gives no beep codes at all and the monitor doesn't even recognize it as the light stays orange, and i get the same in my other pc as well, but as soon as i replace the old card it works fine, and my wife's system blows mine away in all aspects but ram as she only has 512 where i have 1024, but here are the specs.

Mainboard : Unspecified P4X400-8235
Chipset : VIA PT800 (VT8754)
Processor : Intel Celeron @ 1800 MHz
Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce2 MX 100/200 (DDR) [NV11DDR]
Hard Disk : WDC (80 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : COMBO-52X16C
Monitor Type : COMPAQ COMPAQ FS7600 - 16 inchs
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RT8139 (A/B/C/810x/813x/C+) Fast Ethernet Adapter
Network Card : VT82C570 MV IDE Controller VT6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 9.0c

ignore the rhine ethernet it is onboard and disabled

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, thanks for all the help, not much anyone can do in the case of a DOA card short of an act of god to make it work, still no replies from thier supposed 24/7 tech support or from the sales site themselves, and so far no reply to the paypal claim made at 11:30 am yesterday, but either way it goes a friend may be sending me an nvidia 7600 just because it didn't perform quite as well as he expected on his system so he went back to ati.

on another note the card i bought waqs supposed to have been NIB nvidia and what i recieved was a cheap clone packaged in an nvidia box with a home printed manual and a burned driver disk that has both nvidia and ati drivers on it that was decorated nicely with a home labeler.
this person or persons opened a whole new can of worms cause i'm tenacious as a pit bull terrier and i intend to report this to both nvidia and ati as well as the fbi, ebay, and possibly a world news agency

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.