Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Before I describe my issue, since I am new here I should introduce myself briefly. Hello, my name is Chris and I understand you don't really care to know me, so that was my introduction!

Ok, so the issue I am having in short is, I just did a clean install for Win XP-64 to my system. A little while ago I bought a GTS 250 to replace my 8800 GT (This was when I was using XP-32). Anyways, due to certain issues going on w/ my computer I came to the conclusion that I needed to go ahead and do a whip and clean install, and went ahead and used XP-64. Before XP-64 I could not get the GTS 250 to work with my XP-32 system, none of the drivers I tried would work, in short it would boot up and give me the windows logo, but right before the log-on screen it would give a black screen and say "No input signal". Switching back to the 8800 worked fine w/ XP-32 so I just left the 250 alone for a few days until I did the clean install to figure something out. So now i got XP-64 up, and neither of the graphic cards will work no matter what drivers i try, I tried the same ones that I used on my XP-32 but in 64 format. Any hints on what I can do to get this to work?

Not sure what info would be helpful or not, So I guess I'll just post what is usually important...
~~~~~~
~Specs~
~~~~~~
Power Supply: 700w
Processor: Authentic AMD 2300
Using DVI
RAM: 4Gig
Mother Board: ASROCK k10N780SLIX3-WiFi

Two Graphic Cards I've Been working with are
GTS 250 by Galaxy
8800 GT Performance Edition by PNY

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
I think before we begin I should let you know , the gts 250 is a rebadged 9800 which in turn was a rebadged 8800. Your essentially moving to a "newer card" but it's literally the same card your using.

As for your problem post the make and model powersupply. Also update the motherboards bios to the latest. Asrock isn't known very well for their motherboards , well , working very well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kk, The PSU is a 700 w Rocket Fish

and curious, I do thank you very much for your time answering my question and trying to figure out what is wrong. How do you update the bios? Never done that before so a little clueless there. Thank you again!!! and does that mean in short I could end up using SLI w/ the 250 and the 8800? I knew that the 250 was pretty much a 9800, but knew nothing about the 9800 being the same as a 8800 :p hmm, thats kinda intresting to hear, thank you for that info as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, for an update. I switched from a DVI to a VGA cable and no idea really but it seems to work now w/ the VGA canle. Tried this with the GTS 250, have not tried the 8800 GT, feel like there is no point in trying the 8800 GT at this point now since its at least working now. Any hints on why DVI is not working however? just a little curious. And have not updated the BIOS yet, called my dad and asked him how, he told me it comes down to pretty much doing open heart surgery on a computer pretty much and to wait till i could get my instructors help w/ it.

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
With the vga connected set the resolution to the monitors native res and then try the dvi. The card may have been outputting a resolution the monitor didn't support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.