Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this belongs in the wrong place, kinda new :)

What happens is that when I boot up my computer, after the windows XP loading screen/before the Welcome screen, the monitor just goes out. It sort of flashes back and forth from black to a lighter shade/greyish, also the green light (indicating the screen is on) flashes on and off. It does start up showing the POST tests, BIOS screen and the Windows XP loading screen though.

This all started happening last night when my computer's monitor went to sleep mode due to inactivity. When I moved the mouse to wake it up, the flashing screen started happening. Waited a couple of minutes and it didn't seem like it was going to do anything else so I just decided to reboot and that's when it started happening.

I changed graphics cards yesterday as well. From a MSI 8800GTS 640mb to a Sapphire ATi HD4870. It was working fine in the afternoon, I was playing Call of Duty 4 and a couple of other games using the new graphics card. All latest drivers and necessary utilities are installed.

My current system is of the following:

Video card: Sapphire HD4870
Power Supply: Antec True Control 550W
CPU: Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.5GHz/1.5v
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35C - DS3R
Case: Antec 900
Hard drive: Western Digital 500GB

All comments/advice regarding the problem at hand would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSF....

If this started after you changed the video card I would suggest putting the old card back in and seeing if the problem resolves itself. If it does then you either installed the wrong drivers for the new card or the new card may be defective

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.