Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I have no icons. Zip, zilch, nada. Shut my computer down last night before bed and everything was fine. Turn it on today after work and all my icons completely disappeared. Normally I can fix something myself, but I'm at a loss on this one and I really don't want to reset my system with all the settings and programs I have. Can someone give me some tips?

HELP!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a specific restore point for that, unfortunately. It just happened between last night and today. There's nothing to restore since I haven't changed anything between then and now, or for a while at that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping for a different solution than just a generic System Restore suggestion. If I can't figure it out soon, I guess I'll have to try that.

Also note: I have tried clearing the icon cache, and that did not work. Maybe I missed a step, I dunno.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright... So by some miracle, my system did an automatic System Restore Point last night (didn't see it before for some reason). So I tried running that. However, unfortunately it did not restore my icons. Still broken. sigh

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,985 Posts
Right-click the Desktop, then View. Is the "Show desktop icons":
On (with a checkmark by it) or
Off (without a checkmark by it)?
If it is Off, simply click it once to toggle back On.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lol! Now make a restore point and maintain it?
Better to do a complete image. Ayt least you get back to, "works". M$ is a sick joke. All the billions they have and they simply break everything, constantly (& their wallpapers are sh1t, too). Networking, printing, display, sound, etc, etc....It's insane how much they break things. I'm running a very old Mint (17.1), and yes I'm going to upgrade, but even at that I don't have any issues, even now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts