Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I receive an html message there are often links which I want to click but sometimes and only sometimes when I do my computer goes to a directory with the type of file by default filled in as a .exe file.

How can I make sure it always goes to the designated file (which does in fact contain a link. thanks

blossom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
html emails

perhaps it is difficult to explain but when I receive an html message. For example if I win an article in ebay. They send me an email message and I have to press the button "pay now" to pay. If you press it you go the relevant ebay page to pay for your article. At the moment I go to one of my directories!! Hope this explains. I just cannot work out what to do. The messages when I right click are not useful either. This doesn't occur when I go to a web page. Hope this is clearer.

cheers and thanks

blossom

·
Registered
115 Posts
perhaps it is difficult to explain but when I receive an html message. For example if I win an article in ebay. They send me an email message and I have to press the button "pay now" to pay. If you press it you go the relevant ebay page to pay for your article. At the moment I go to one of my directories!! Hope this explains. I just cannot work out what to do. The messages when I right click are not useful either. This doesn't occur when I go to a web page. Hope this is clearer.

cheers and thanks

blossom

and this is using MS Outlook?

Is it one specific folder that it keeps opening?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
html emails

I use outlook and the folder by default is "my documents" and the file type is always .exe.

I am using xp professional on a sony vaio portable 512 mb 60 gb hard disc

cheers

blossom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.