Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a similar problem if any you recall.

My video card is ati radeon 1950 pro 512 mb.

When i turn on my pc runs fine but no display black screen any ideas ?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I assume that you already checked all of the cables to make sure that their firmly in place, correct?

When yuo say "no display black screen", do you mean it's like you're looking at a "black picture" or is it like your screen is turned off? I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm sorry , i posted in a rush. The cables are firmly in i also have a s-vhs cable hooked to my tv to 2 displays none show any picture.

I woke up and there were vertical lines on my computer all over.
so i turned it off and now i cant see anything. I really hope i can fix this with out replacing anything because im broke lol.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
for the moment, let's focus on getting one display to work. remove the unnecessary cables (tv, s-vhs etc.) and leave one display hooked up.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
You said you had two displays, hook up one display, if that one doesn't work, then try the other one.

Also, do you have a spare vga cable. Maybe the cable is broken.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
well, it's easy to switch cables, as long as you have a spare one. But not so easy to switch cards. Right now, we're trying to narrow down the possibilities.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Based on everything so far, I think you know as well as I do that it's the video card. Is the warranty still valid?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Well, it can't be Windows XP since since you get a blank screen the moment you turn on your computer.

It can't be the monitors since you already tried two of them.

It can't be the cables since you already tried switching them.

Assuming that you were able to use that original video card before, leads me to believe that it's not the power supply, I think.

I was so sure that it was the video card.

Try resetting the BIOS by removing the battery:

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
No, the battery can't be the cause of this. If it was dead, you'd bios would just forget the custom settings you made and reset to default settings. And we "wanted" it to be back to default settings.

This one is a tough one. I'm going to do a little more research.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.