Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have this unknown problem with my vostro 3500 !

When i try to power the computer, there is No boot and the numlock Led is steady while the caps and scroll down Led are flashing. When it is working on the battery alone, the wireless led is steady, but when hooked on the A/C adaptator, it is not on at all.
Furthermore, the fan is working albeit at a non-constant pace and the cd driver is working. The display is blank with not événement tue backlight.
Also, the computer powers up on its own without me doing anything when it is hooked with the adaptator

So, with a bit of help from Google, i changed twice the motherboard, and reseated the memory in every combination possible along with a brand new memory to No avail even when i took out the hard drive and the optical drive.

The problem is not in the display because i tried using an external one.

Finally, the diagnostic doesn't give me anything because fn+power button shuts down the computer. There is a Beeping Sound though when i press the fn button alone.

I also tried to discharge the computer while the cmos battery was out....

I have to admit that this problem has stumped me a little bit So if any of you guys have any clue as to what the problem might be, that would be a godsend !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.