Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i have a mac laptop, a computer running xp 2000 and a xbox 360. I have just received my new bthomehub 2 as the old one blew out after a lightening storm.

I have managed to get the mac and xbox 360 reconnected but my computer doesn't seem to work. The computer can find the network and i have inserted the wpa key(password) but it wont connect. Every think else is fine, it can't be that the computer's adapter is out of range like i said it can find the network. Before the storm everything including the computer work perfectly and with a good connection and speed.

I did manage to get it to work twice with the new homehub but i can't reconnect now.

any ideas?

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,035 Posts
XP 2000? What's that?

Are you sure you weren't running WEP before? A computer with Windows 2000, which I assume is what you have, may not have drivers new enough for WPA or WPA2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yh its xp, sorry :laugh:
yes i was running on wep before and the new hub has wpa but i'm using the computer now as before i had to use my mac, its suddenly seemed to work :confused:
do you think i should change back to wep or leave it on wpa and buy an new wireless adapter??

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,035 Posts
I'd start with the latest drivers for the wireless adapter you have. The exact make and model of the wireless adapter would be a big help here. :smile:

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,035 Posts
Did you download and install the latest wireless drivers for that card? I always go with at least WPA, and I'm currently running WPA2-AES here for maximum security.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.