Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running 98SE on an ABIT-BE6 MB,PIII-450,128K,. Was working on it earlier today...had a couple of crashes.
Now it refuses to boot (no POST)...and I get an undulating tone (Hi/Lo,Hi/Lo) when I turn on the computer.Fan and lights are on. Checked memory in another computer, it's OK. Removed cards and same problem. HELP:upset:

·
Registered
286 Posts
drmarty,

If you're getting a self test screen or any kind of video error message then you proably need to pull the video card and reseat it. - This happen to me a coulpe of weeks ago.

twas

·
Registered
852 Posts
The hi/lo/hi/lo alarm on Abit is cpu overtemp. Either the cpu is truly fried or something in the bios is screwed up. Feel the cpu for a sudden burst of heat. If you can get into the bios there is a setting for this alarm, but unless you accidentally set it wrong it can't change it's self.

I'm guessing either or both CPU and MOBO. Are you over clocking (something I approve of) or did lightening strike or something?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jamman

Thanks

I think thats it...the CPU has a heat sink instead of a fan. I noticed it got hot very quickly, which I will correct if I can ever get it to boot into the Bios

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jamman

Thanks

I think thats it...the CPU has a heat sink instead of a fan. I noticed it got hot very quickly, which I will correct if I can ever get it to boot into the Bios...P.S. It is not overclocked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.