Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On startup after my graphics card information appears it has the old school loading pattern that consists of slashes and lines, Then after approx 20 seconds it Informs me

PXE - E53 No boot filename received and continues on its merry way

On some other occasions however, Maybe it depends what way the wind is blowing or what colour socks I have on it will, instead of 'no boot filename...' it will say 'no dhcp offers recieved'

What are these errors and what do they mean for my system. I recently reformatted but the error was there after too. Any searches on this only landed my in situations where the error came up when someone was trying something, not on every startup like mine. Does anybody have any ideas?

Ian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for trying but he used the registry to fix the issue and I do not have the same registry entries as he does.

He was running some server programme I believe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually this is easy to fix. I am assuming you don't have a lan boot server on your network.

Reboot, go into Bios/Cmos setup,
find your network card, usually under integrated peripherals,
Look for something about PXE Boot, Lan Boot, or Lan Boot Agent
On the older Dell computers the setting is hidden, if you select the option to turn on or off the network card there is a third option for "On with MBA" or "On with PXE".
Anyway turn off lan boot (On Only)
save and that should fix it.

Hope it helps!:wave:
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.