Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have just built up a new pc for my brother using the asus a8n-sli deluxe.
Unfortunatley i am not getting any bleeps on start up, the screen stays blank and no bios.

I have the same board on my pc and installed with no problems.

The system consists of the following.

Asus a8n-sli deluxe
amd athlon 64 3800x2 dual core cpu
corsair 1gb dual channel ram
seasonic 600w psu
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce 6600GT

As faults are normally diagnosed by bleeps on post im a bit stuck on what could be the problem?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Do the drives and fans spin up on bootup?

Try a bare bones boot up. Disconnect everything that is not absolutely needed to boot. Leave only the Video card, CPU/Heatsink/Fan, 1 stick of ram and the power supply connected to the Mobo.

Make sure that everything that is left connected is properly installed.

Report back on what it does.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barry_R said:
Do the drives and fans spin up on bootup?

Try a bare bones boot up. Disconnect everything that is not absolutely needed to boot. Leave only the Video card, CPU/Heatsink/Fan, 1 stick of ram and the power supply connected to the Mobo.

Make sure that everything that is left connected is properly installed.

Report back on what it does.
Thanks for the reply Barry.

The drives and fans spin on bootup and i have a green light on the mobo

Tried bare bones bootup but still no bleeps im affraid

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,
If your bare bones and can hear the Fans in the PSU spin and the CPU fan kick up, also to have the green light come on the MOBO but no POST. This could only mean that the MOBO has not been able to intially start up its whole pre-bios setup. Check the MOBO for any scorching or issues with the visible tracks on the MOBO. Changing ram from your machine might help but if its already shorting it may take what ever technology you put in to try and isolate the issue. No beeps means either wrong jumper settings such as Vcore or mulitplier settings, this is deffinetly Hardware orientated. Post back if any further updates as this will take sometime to diagnose. My gut says Dead MOBO, but many years of jumper tells me it may have a wrong setting in the MOBO. Check your CPU speed and muliplier.

Regards
golith

·
Registered
906 Posts
Does the monitor stay in standby or does it go green?

Remove all ram and power it up, see what happens.

Try clearing Bios.

What is left in a bare bones system is fairly easy to diagnose if you can put some of the components into a different PC to test them.

Try the Video card first.
Next I would suspect the PSU.
Then the Ram.

If all fails then I would return the mobo and CPU.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sorted now :)

I tried resetting the cmos and changing the ram around again and it seems to have done the trick. Strange though. I have the same board and the ram is in slots 1 and 3 but i had to use 1 and 2 to boot with this one.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.