Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a jetway 530bf running a cyrix instead 225. It was running fine prior to removing the hard drive.

I removed the hard drive and ram. I replaced with original ram that I removed and a new hard drive (took a 30g out and put a 20g in). Have tried two hard drives actually.

I have power going through the board but that's about it. No beeps on start up and I don't even get a bios screen. The monitor LED stays flashing orange.

I have disconnected everything off the board apart from video and ram - still nothing.

I have tried 5 different ram sticks that have all worked previously in various units, two of which have been in this system before. One of which I took out of my other working desktop to try.

I have reset the bios by removing battery and also by resetting the jumpers to clear cmos.

How do I find out what is wrong with it? What symptoms would I be seeing if the cpu was dead?

I was hoping to give the computer to my parents and I hate to admit it is beyond repair. It's not worth paying someone to look at it so any ideas thrown forth are much appreciated.

cheers,
JO

·
Registered
906 Posts
Here are things I would do.

*** Try a different Power supply ***
Check all connections to the board.
Reseat the video card.
Check for damaged Hard Disk Cables.

Did you try to put the 30gig and the ram you had back in it?

You said you disconnected everything but the Ram and the Video. Did you try a different Video card?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI, it has onboard video so I am just connecting the cable. The ahrd drive i took out I have formatted and put into another unit. THe ram I took out I have tried back in it.

I do have another power supply somewehre, so will try that.

Have to rush now to get the kids to schoool, excuse the quick post.

cheers,
jo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.