Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
I just received a new Biostar M7NCD motherboard, and a new Athlon XP 2500+ Barton today. I already had the other parts, 1024MB DDR PC2100, Audio card, etc. I finished putting everything together. When I turn the computer on, I notice that it turns on but I get video ouput, no beeps, no posts. I basically took the mobo apart again, reassembled it, the same thing happens. I switch the processor with an XP 1900+, the same thing. I switched the video card, the power supply, removed all the cards and tried booting up the computer with just the processor, the RAM, and the video card. I still get the same thing, nothing! I notice that all the fans turn on fine, etc. The final attempt was to remove the RAM, turn on the computer with just the processor and the video card, and still nothing.

Is there anything else i'm missing to do before sending this mobo back to newegg? Please HEEEEELP!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Reseat heatsink

Your heatsink/fan are not seating properly on the CPU core. Stock coolers are a pain in the *** getting to seat properly. Make sure it is properly alighned by examing the heatseat's position on the CPU socket by holding it horizontal to your vision. If it is leaning one way or the other or is not seated evenly on the CPU, then this is the likely cause of your problem. Otherwise, make sure you placed some thermal compound or a thermal pad between the CPU and heatsink surface.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.