Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FE770G. I recently upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium and everything is running fine, EXCEPT that the computer is no longer recognizing an audio device as being installed!!!! I have attempted to download the drivers for the audio device from the sony support website and they have not fixed my problem. When I open the DEVICE MANAGER and look at my audio device, it says it is installed and running properly. THe audio device is the Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC.

Before upgrading I took my computer to Best Buy to have a technician see if it was fine to upgrade to vista and he said I was "GOLDEN!". Sony has offered me NOOOOO help what-so-ever. They say that I must wait for a Driver DVD pack that will not ship out until the middle of February and could take up to 4 weeks to ship. I would appreciate anything that would help me resolve this problem and not have to wait until march to have sound!!! Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no dice....

Hi,

I tried to download that driver and it didn't work. I really don't want to have to go back to XP until sony provides me with a driver that will correct my problem so anyone that might be able to help please let me know!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Weird, when i installed, windows found a driver that worked fine for my audio card, does windows update find anything?

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
windows updates only carries certified drivers,a lot of companies rely on testing themselves rather than to pay ms and wait weeks for the result

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have literally spent hours online trying to find a site that can provide me the right drivers, but NO LUCK:( I really do not want to have to wait until the middle of march to solve this problem. If anyone else can help i'd reallllllllly appreciate it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.