Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a HP dv 5000 I installed the newest version of the audio drivers from the HP website and I immediately lost audio. My computer says no sound device. I jumped online and people said to delete winmm or whatever it is in device manager under sound, video and game controllers. I did. It had a yellow ! next to it. This did not fix the problem. I tried everything that i can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am extremely frustrated and been living without sound for the past week.
P.S. I can't even open songs in WMP, I get an error message. I am pretty sure whatever I deleted was necessary. My computer says it has no audio device. Once again any help will be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I just tried reinstalling the latest driver, still no audio device. I tried reinstalling the chipset for the MB and also reinstalling the audio driver from the HP website, still no audio device. WMP still throws an error message when trying to play audio files. I literally have done 20+ hours of research and followed what seems like a million different solutions to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated. Under device manager for sound, video, and game controllers there is only one drive i.e. the conextant audio driver from the HP website. This is starting to drive me insane.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.