Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this. I had the worm that shuts down your computer after 60 seconds. I managed to get rid of this. However since I deleted it I am unable to open any files. I can use my internet but if I am wanting to use MSN Messenger, or run my anti-virus program or any application at all the following pop-up appears:

Windows cannot find 'C\Program files\.....(whichever file I am trying to run\whichever file I am trying to run.exe).' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

I think my computer is pretty screwed, any suggestions please before I go get it cleaned right out (this will probably mean me losing most of the stuff I have saved on my computer.)

Thankyou in advance for any support you can offer me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

So would I just re-install my OS? I don't actually have a cd of my operating system, just a cd with all my drivers etc. I wasnt supplied with a copy of my windows xp home edition cd.

·
Registered
40 Posts
:hit:
Have you tried to auctualy get to the executable file rather than just accessing it through shortcuts? It may be that this worm decided to muddle all your shorcuts and make them fubar, try that before you reinstall your OS, I'm willing to guess that you have a factory machine like Dell or HP, or whatever. Look into getting a copy of Partition Magic and partition off a chunk of your drive and store what data you want to keep there, and then reinstall your OS.

Later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.