Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am running 3d applications I am getting, at random intervals, NMI/memory parity check errors and an accompanying BSOD.
When I run non-3d applications, I get, at somewhat less frequent intervals, a screen that flicks to black, flicks normal, flicks to black, normal, stops updating the normal screen properly, flicks black, normal, etc-- and occasionally dumps me in an NV4_disp.dll infinite loop error BSOD.

Dell has been absolutely no help at all. I've updated my drivers and my BIOS, defragged and chkdsk'd, reset the BIOS settings, reseated and ultimately replaced my RAM, tweaked my pagefile size, ran the supposed NV4loopfix software, cleaned my registry, spent countless hours talking to tech support-- basically everything but replacing the Motherboard/Video Card or wiping the HD.

I am running a DELL Inspiron E1705 laptop with an Intel T2500 @ 200GHZ, with 1024 megs of RAM and 100 GB HD running Windows XP-Media Center Edition. My Video Card is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS Running Forceware 84.63

Please, please help, it's been getting steadily worse for two months and I'm quite at my wits' end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.